Digital Signage / Information / Waypoint Screen
So, you've purchased a simple screen (with no in-built digital signage software - which would have increased the cost) and you've connected it to the old PC left under a desk no one was using. How do you display information on the screen? Most people will usually just display a PowerPoint presentation as this is something they know BUT you could do so much more!
In one of the Schools I work with I've been trying out a FREE solution to display their information.
How it works
- Background Object - single image always displayed
- Title Object - single image always displayed
- Left Side Object - single static text box always displayed
- Right Side Object - presentation(s) - this allows simpler editing for distributed staff (I'll explain later)
- Clock Object - Displays date and time
- Ticker Tape Object - Allows scrolling text across the screen